Open Water Diver Course
Dive up to 18 meters with our 3 to 4 day Open Water Diver course!
Need an upgrade? If you are already a Certified Scuba Diver, you can upgrade your scuba diving certification in one to two days! Before you know it, you will be able to visit Rhodes’s top class diving sites!
During the Open Water Diver course, you will make at least five dives in a confined environment and four dives in open water environment at local dive sites under the supervision of our instructors.
Min age 15yrs or 10yrs for the Junior Open Water Diver.
Fancy upgrading your certification further? Choose 3 adventure dives (e.g. night dive, deep dive, wreck dive, underwater photography, fish identification) and become a SSI certified Adventure Diver! This 2-day course will build up your scuba diving skills and will boost your confidence!
Plan with us your adventure dives, trace your diving path, get in your diving suit and dive into the adventurous blue waters of Rhodes. Depending on the nature of the dive you will learn to use specialized gear and you will get familiar with the different possible configurations.
Minimum age of 15 years old (or 10 years old for the Junior Adventure Diver) and an Open Water Diver certification is required for the adventure diver courses.
Advanced Open Water Diver
Need to go deeper? Enroll to this advanced course and prepare yourself for 3 days full of adrenaline and excitement. The Advanced Open Water Diver course includes a deep dive, a navigation dive and 3 adventure dives of your choice (e.g. night dive, wreck dive, underwater photography, fish identification).
Learn how to plan deep dives, deal with the physiological effects and challenges of deeper scuba diving and refine your compass navigation skills using visual landmarks, kick-cycles and time with the navigation dive.
Min age 15yrs or 12yrs for the Junior Advanced Open Water Diver
Join this 4-day diving course and learn how to prevent and manage problems in the water and help others in cases of minor or major emergencies. Become a better dive buddy by practicing rescuing techniques and procedures until they become your second nature and learn everything about emergency equipment!
Some topics that will be covered by the course include:
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
Conditions for Rescue Diver course participants apply: Min age 15yrs + Advance Open Water Diver certification + React Right completed within the last 2yrs.
Want to learn how to respond to medical emergencies? Join our 2-day React Right and acquire the basic skills for primary (CPR) and secondary care (first aid), care for children and learn how to use an automated external defibrillator. This course meets the CPR and first aid training requirements for the SSI Diver Stress and Rescue course and for all professional-level ratings. Both divers and non-divers are eligible for this course.
This is the first level of your professional training!
During the Divemaster course you will learn how to be a dive leader and how to supervise and direct a variety of scuba diving activities through knowledge development sessions, water skill exercises, workshops and hands-on practical assessment.
Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the SSI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Min age 18yrs + React Right in the last 2 years + Rescue Diver certification + min 20 logged dives
We offer a wide range of specialty courses.
Take this SSI Deep Diver Specialty course and dive with confidence at depths up to 40m!
With this course you will make 4 dives all below 18m while you will learn about the following topics:
- Specialized deep diving equipment.
- Deep dive planning, buddy contact procedures and buoyancy control.
- Managing your gas supply, dealing with gas narcosis and safety considerations.
Min age 15yrs + Adventure Diver cert
Want to descend directly onto your dive site? This is the right course for you to gain experience by completing two open water dives from an inflatable boat in the beautiful diving spots of Rhodes.
During the course you will learn:
- Boat terminology.
- Boat diving procedures and etiquette, including how to enter and exit, and where to stow your gear.
- Boating safety, including how to locate safety equipment.
Min age 10yrs + Open Water Diver certification
Glide effortlessly, minimize air consumption and ascend, descend or hover with ease. This SSI Perfect Buoyancy Specialty course will improve significantly your buoyancy skills so that you can dive close to the reef without causing any damage or observe the aquatic life without upsetting the surroundings.
During two open water scuba dives, you’ll learn how to:
- Determine the exact weight you need, so you’re not too light or too heavy.
- Trim your weight system and scuba gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
- Streamline to save energy, use air more efficiently and move more smoothly through the water.
- Hover effortlessly in any position – vertical or horizontal.
Min age 10yrs + Open Water Diver
Have you been wondering what happens underwater after the sun goes down? Take this SSI Night Diver Specialty course and you will be amazed to discover a whole new world!
During the course’s 3 night dives you will cover the following topics:
- Light handling and communication techniques.
- Entering, exiting and navigating in the dark.
- Identifying how plants and animals differ or change behavior at night.
Min age 12yrs + Open Water Diver
Emergency Oxygen provider
Help others by knowing how and when to use emergency oxygen. Learn to recognize diving illnesses treatable by emergency oxygen.
In this course you will learn:
- Assembling and disassembling emergency oxygen equipment.
- Deploying a non-rebreather mask and a demand inhalator valve on a breathing diver.
- Using a pocket mask on a non-breathing diver
Enriched Air Diver
Does staying down longer and getting back in the water sooner sound appealing to you? Do you want to know everything about diving with enriched air nitrox? Sign up for this theoretical course and you learn how to manage oxygen exposure and analyze oxygen content in your diving tank. You will also learn how to set your dive computer for diving with enriched air nitrox.
Min age 12yrs + Open Water Diver
Enter in the fascinating and mysterious world of wreck diving with the SSI Wreck Diver course. During the course’s 4 wreck dives you will explore impressive shipwrecks as they team with stunning aquatic life.
In this course you will cover the following topics:
- Safety considerations for navigating and exploring wrecks.
- Surveying and mapping a wreck.
- Using penetration lines and reels to guide exploration.
- Techniques to avoid kicking up silt or disturbing the wreck and its inhabitants.
Min age 15yrs + Adventure Diver
Mission Deep Blue
Do you have a genuine interest in marine ecosystems and how to protect them? Take this SSI Marine Ecology course to learn:
- How Mission Deep Blue unites scuba divers and water enthusiasts to make a difference.
- About environmental issues in the ocean commons and coastal zones.
- About fisheries challenges and sustainability problems.
- What’s happening to coral reefs and reef inhabitants.
- Your role in protecting aquatic environments.
This SSI course is carried out through classroom discussion and no prior diving experience is required.